JERUSALEM (Reuters) – Israelis went about barefaced on Sunday after the order to wear masks outdoors was rescinded in another step towards relative normality thanks to the country’s mass-vaccination against COVID-19. With about 81% of citizens or residents over 16 – the age group eligible for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in Israel – having received both doses, contagions and hospitalisations are down sharply. But entry by foreigners is still limited and non-immune Israelis who return from abroad must self-isolate, due to concern virus variants could challenge the vaccine. The Health Ministry said it had detected seven cases of a new Indian variant in Israel, whose potency was being assessed. “We are leading the world right now when it comes to emerging from the coronavirus,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told reporters. “(But) we have still not finished with the coronavirus. It can return.” The police-enforced wearing of protective masks outdoors, ordered a year ago for non-exercise activities, was scrapped. But the Health Ministry said the requirement still applied for indoor public spaces and urged citizens to keep masks to hand. “Breathing Freely,” read the cover headline of the mass-circulation daily Israel Hayom. “Being without a mask for the first time in a… Read full this story
- Is Apricot Really Good For Your Skin & Hair?
- World Meteorological Day: Five things we've learned about our weird weather
- Roger Waters Criticizes ‘Whining’ Thom Yorke Over Radiohead’s Israel Gig
- CBS Sports 2019 UFC Fight of the Year: Israel Adesanya vs. Kelvin Gastelum dazzles atop our rankings
- Bethlehem: The town that symbolises the stalemate in the Israel-Palestine conflict
- Beyoncé’s ‘Lemonade’ Is Breathtaking. But Is the Music Any Good?
- Carly Pearce Drops New Track, 'Call Me,' From Self-Titled Sophomore Record
- Jeremy Corbyn’s rule is if a nation hates us then it must be good
- Fishermen will feel brunt of poor conditions/state nearing red snapper quota
- Campaign to BOYCOTT Cyprus sweeps Twitter amid fury over British woman's conviction for 'lying' that she was gang-raped by 12 Israeli men
'A very good weird': Israel drops outdoor COVID mask order have 322 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at April 18, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.