Kindly Share This Story: *They are peacemakers, speak truth, preach love in families — Imo monarch *They are caring and peacemakers — Eze Ajomiwe *Their impartial nature earns them respect — Enugu Ozo title holder *Umuada are peacemakers, character moulders — Chief Okenwa *An institution that protects women's dignity, sanctity of marriage, family life — Ebonyi community leader By Anayo Okoli, Vincent Ujumadu, Nwabueze Okonkwo, Dennis Agbo, Peter Okutu, Chimaobi Nwaiwu, Chinedu Adonu, Chinonso Alozie, Ikechukwu Odu & Steve Oko IN every typical Igbo community, Umuada/Umuokpu, who are women from the community but married to other places are formidable Umuada are well respected in Igboland.The opinions of Umuada/Umuokpu on traditional issues where sought, are highly regarded. They are always invited to intervene to resolve family/kindred issues in their maiden communities/families, even protracted ones. They wield enormous powers; they are dreaded by women married into their families and even their brothers also dread them. It is an age-long unique administrative institution in Igboland, whose opinions and actions are usually not ignored. They are seen and respected as peacemakers. The traditional ruler of Ogbor Community in Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State, Eze Matthew Oweni, said the respect being accorded… Read full this story
- Eminent Nigerians, Igbo leaders hail Obiozor’s election as Ohanaeze president
- 2023: IPOB’s opposition to Igbo presidency vindicates us,we ‘re not surprised,says Igbo professionals
- This town powered America for decades. What do we owe them?
- Dwindling number of Africans own land
- NBA Power Rankings: Brooklyn climbs fast after Harden trade, big wins
- Wyoming could lead US green energy push with wind power
- ‘Igbo will never fight war again’
- 2023 ZONING: It’s turn-by-turn; you can’t rob Igbo, Sen. Annie Okonkwo warns
- 2023: Igbo president ‘ll ensure post civil war full integration – Umeadi
- Jan’ 66 anti-Igbo coup
Why Umuada is powerful and respected in Igbo land have 298 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.