The Volvo XC40 Recharge is barely out of the gate and the Swedish automaker is already unveiling its next electric vehicle. The C40 Recharge is only Volvo's second pure battery-electric car. A slightly shorter and more streamlined version of the XC40 Recharge, the C40 Recharge will be built on the same modular platform as the automaker's first EV and will go into production at Volvo's Ghent, Belgium, factory in fall 2021. Volvo says that the C40 Recharge "has all the benefits of an SUV but with a lower and sleeker design." The roof line is lower and the rear portion tapers off more gradually than the XC40 Recharge. The most significant difference is the height, with the C40 Recharge measuring a full three inches shorter than its predecessor. Volvo won't go so far as to call it a hatchback or wagon, but it does appear to share some characteristics with Volvo's discontinued V40 . The release of the C40 Recharge gets Volvo one step closer to its goal of electrifying half of its lineup by 2025 . Earlier today, Volvo said it would go 100 percent electric by 2030 . The automaker has also said it will slash the life-cycle… Read full this story
- Electric garbage trucks? Wrightspeed delivers
- The green revolution is coming! Electric car sales DOUBLE in just one year and hybrids surge - as the popularity of diesel vehicles drops by HALF
- Volvo XC40 Recharge Expected India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz EQC
- 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- Four Ars staffers bought electric cars recently—here’s what we got
- From an electric Porsche to Land Rover's first new 4WD in 72 years and Hyundai's $90k Lexus challenger: Australia's best cars for 2020 - and some are VERY affordable
- Ford’s iconic Transit van turns green with new electric version costing just 4p a mile to run and tech that doesn’t age
- Win a Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav electric car – worth more than £30,000!
- BMTC starts trial run of e-bus
- LG Chem Picked as Sole Supplier of Batteries for Tesla SUV
Volvo’s second electric vehicle will be the slimmed down C40 Recharge have 347 words, post on www.theverge.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.