"Vi" is the only Vietnamese movie to join the festival, which takes place in two stages, from March 1 to 5 and from June 9 to 20, 2021. "Vi" is about a Nigerian football player playing in the Vietnamese football league. After he breaks his leg, he is forced to leave the team and find a job in a sex parlour to provide for his wife and son back home. Bao got the idea for the film years ago based on his high-school memories. At that time, he saw black men on buses while going to school. Bao was obsessed by these men who seemed to have overcome some significant challenges. First-time filmmaker Bao has composed a delicate, sensory meditation that conjures up many a thought in the viewer's mind. In "Vi" the actors are amateurs, including the call girls. Earlier, the film won the "Most Potential Project" award at the Singapore International Film Festival in 2020. Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, Berlinale has developed a new festival format for its 71st edition and is delighted to thus be able to hold the festival for both the industry and the general public. From June 9-20, the Summer Special will… Read full this story
- BFI Reveals 2020 Vision Awards: ‘Bait’, ‘Saint Maud’, ‘Ammonite’ Producers Among Recipients
- Black Panther cast celebrate triumphant win after scoring top honor at SAG Awards... as Lady Gaga and A Star Is Born get snubbed again
- The 50 best movies on Hulu right now
- 2010's Summer Movie Preview Spectacular in 3D Duo-Vision - Part 1!
- The best Netflix original movies
- BFI Unveils 20 U.K. Producers to Share $2.5 Million Vision Awards Funding
- National Awards Gala: Akshay Kumar & Sonam Kapoor In Attendance With Their Family [Pictures]
- Lifetime achievement award for 'Heimat' director Edgar Reitz
- German Film Awards adapt to coronavirus crisis
- World Press Photo Award 2020: Photos from conflict zones
Vietnamese movie wins Special Jury Award at 71st Berlinale have 306 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.