Animal feed prices rise sharply, farmers hit hard Poultry farmers have been hit hard by skyrocketing feed prices. Tran Quang Trung, a pig farmer in Dong Nai Province's Thong Nhat District, said a 25kg bag of bran has increased from VND250,000 to VND290,000 (US$11-12.6) since October last year. Prices of raw materials used for feed such as corn, rice bran, and fish flour are also continuing to rise. But farmers cannot hike prices of poultry or cattle since they compete with cheap imported products. In Dong Nai Province, the country’s largest chicken producer, the price of chicken has fallen below production cost since feed prices have increased from VND20,000 per kilogramme to VND26,000, causing farmers an average loss of VND3,500 per kilogramme of meat. Poultry and livestock farmers are suffering big losses, especially those with bank loans. Big farms that typically sell 10,000-20,000 chicken of Tam Hoang variety a day are losing VND30-40 million ($1300-1740) daily, according to the Dong Nai Animal Husbandry Association. Pham Duc Binh, deputy chairman of the Viet Nam Animal Feed Association, said animal feed production is controlled by importers and foreign businesses, while all the maize used for the production of animal feed is imported…. Read full this story
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 21
- Japan actively involves in drafting Vietnam’s industrialization strategy
- Catfish exports to China and US down, Vietnam puts hope on EU market
- National museum hosts exhibition on army
- Foreign property investment heading ever upwards
- Outsourcing: India in danger of being dethroned?
- ASEAN Paragames postponed due to lack of funding
- Donald Trump leads ALL the Democratic front-runners in 2020 poll despite impeachment saga as support for his ouster DROPPED by 5 points during House hearings
- Drought forces coffee farmers to save water
- Michael Bloomberg, 77, gets ready to put his name on 2020 Democratic ballot in Alabama - opening way for $52 BILLION former NY mayor to make dramatic entry into presidential race
VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 20 have 313 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at March 20, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.