Forests in Gia Lai Province's Mang Yang District. — VNA/VNS Photo Hồng Điệp HCM CITY — Local authorities in the Tây Nguyên (Central Highlands) region have taken measures to prevent forest fires in the ongoing dry season. Forests in the region, which includes the provinces Lâm Đồng, Đắk Lắk, Gia Lai, Kon Tum and Đắk Nông, face a high fire risk because of hot weather. At the beginning of the dry season, the provinces instructed localities to establish fire-prevention plans and strictly implement them in the dry season. In Đắk Nông Province, the Forest Protection Sub-department in September instructed localities and forest owners to set up prevention plans. The sub-department has organised forest fire prevention drills and more inspections. Đắk Nông has 125,000ha of forests, including 78,300ha of natural forest and 46,700ha of manmade forests in danger of high fire risk, according to the province's Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. In the dry season, which lasts between November and April, local farmers clear their fields by burning, which can cause fires to break out in forests near the fields. Lê Quang Dần, deputy director of the department, said the province's forests have a thick layer of vegetation covering the ground and many forests are pine and bamboo forests, which easily catch… Read full this story
- Mekong Delta works to prevent forest fires
- Central Highlands region works to prevent forest fire in dry season
- Localities urged high vigilance in response to forest fires
- Binh Thuan faces high risk of forest fires
- Dak Nong keeps wary eye on forests to prevent dry season fires
- Sens. Schatz and Murphy: Trump won't act on Brazil's forest fires. Congress will ǀ View
- Indonesia’s fires are bad, but new measures prevented them from becoming worse
- Ca Mau: Cajeput forest faces high risk of fires
- Prescribed burning debate rages as Australia finds there's no time to burn going into peak fire season
- Were Queensland fire danger indices historically high for early September?
Tây Nguyên takes measures to prevent forest fires in dry season have 332 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.