Former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV. FILE PHOTO MANILA, Philippines — Former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV on Tuesday hailed the decision of the Court of Appeals to reverse a Makati City court's ruling that revived the rebellion case against him. "Today, the rule of law prevailed. Nagpapasalamat ako sa mga CA justices na gumawa ng desisyong ito," he said in a statement. "Sana all na [I wish all] judges and justices ay may ganitong [have this] sense of justice to check the prevailing authoritarianism in the country," he added. The Court of Appeals 6th Division granted Trillanes' plea to reverse the September 25 and December 2018 ruling of Makati City Regional Trial Court Branch 150 Judge Elmo Alameda. On September 7, 2011, the Makati City court dismissed the rebellion case against Trillanes after he was given amnesty by then President Benigno S. Aquino III. But in September 2018, the court granted the plea of the Department of Justice to reopen the rebellion case and order the rearrest of Trillanes after his amnesty was revoked by President Rodrigo Duterte . KGA
- Sun Yang CAS hearing blunders exposed by legal expert Jeffrey Benz
- Britain's draconian coronavirus lockdown could be eased when fewer than 50 new cases are recorded each day for a fortnight, top scientist suggests
- With Supreme court’s final ruling on Rivers APC: This is the time to consolidate
- Boris Johnson savages Theresa May’s Brexit plan as he quits as Foreign Secretary and refuses to rule out going for Prime Minister’s job
- The Wisconsin GOP Is Risking Voters’ Lives to Protect Its Minority Rule
- Hail to the Canis elephantus americanus
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Case: Director Randall Miller’s Ask For Leniency Denied By Judge
- Judge rejects delay of Wisconsin's presidential primary despite coronavirus fears
- APC insists on Gbajabiamila as defiant APC members-elect fight on
- How the man running World Health Organisation trashed by Trump as China-centric is a career politician who worked for a Communist junta and became WHO's first NON-doctor Director-General 'following intense lobbying from Beijing'
‘Rule of law prevailed’: Trillanes hails CA decision on rebellion case have 327 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.