BEIJING — China’s lawmakers on Friday started reviewing a national blueprint featuring high-quality development, technological innovation and a greener future for the country that has long been seeking modernity and national rejuvenation. The draft outline of the 14th Five-Year Plan (2021-2025) for National Economic and Social Development and the Long-Range Objectives Through the Year 2035, which specifies the main goals and tasks for the world’s second-largest economy in its march toward modernization, was submitted to the fourth session of the 13th National People’s Congress (NPC), the top legislature. The long-range objectives are unveiled as China embarks on a journey toward its second centenary goal of “building a modern socialist country that is prosperous, strong, democratic, culturally advanced and harmonious.” “China will basically achieve socialist modernization by 2035,” according to the draft outline, dubbed an action plan for the whole nation. The blueprint provides a glimpse of a future life where a scaled-up network of 5G and high-speed railways closely knit the world’s most populous country, and scientists explore new frontiers in areas including next-generation artificial intelligence, quantum information and gene technology as well as integrated circuits. In a “smart, shared and harmonious new digital life,” robot waiters and highly-automated parking… Read full this story
- Human Rights Watch launches damning report on China, urging action against oppression and abuses
- China coronavirus: Centre directs thermal screening of passengers flying in from China to India
- Beijing's sci-tech hub's pursuit of a modern science city
- China's new breed of patriotic hero on the big screen reflects rise of a superpower
- Joe Biden's climate plan targets net-zero emissions by 2050
- How China, Brexit, and the US derailed global 5G wireless
- China Focus: Beijing's sci-tech hub's pursuit of a modern science city
- Furious row erupts over plans to 'salvage' Titanic's hidden treasures: MPs accuse US firm of 'modern day piracy' and attempting to 'pilfer and pillage' wreck for financial gain
- UPDATE 1-In U.S.-China Phase 1 trade deal, enforcement may end in 'We quit'
- In U.S.-China Phase 1 trade deal, enforcement may end in 'We quit'
Revival-seeking China unveils action plan for modernization have 333 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.