SINGAPORE: Before border measures can be relaxed for people vaccinated against COVID-19, more scientific evidence is required on the extent that vaccines can reduce the chance of a person infecting others, said Transport Minister Ong Ye Kung on Monday (Mar 1). He was responding to MP Gan Thiam Poh’s (PAP-Ang Mo Kio) parliamentary questions on vaccinations and travel. Mr Gan had asked about progress on reaching a bilateral agreement with countries to recognise the COVID-19 vaccination taken by residents travelling to each other’s country. He also asked if Singapore will only accept vaccines that have been approved by the Health Sciences Authority and residents that have taken such approved vaccines before they can travel to Singapore. Mr Ong said in Parliament that while vaccination has given countries hope that they may step down border measures and restore international air travel safely, more scientific data is needed for health authorities to determine the extent to which vaccines can reduce the likelihood of an individual infecting others. “Until then, it is premature to decide if border measures can be reduced for vaccinated individuals, and whether for purposes of implementing border measures, there should be differentiation between different vaccines,” he said. However, Singapore is looking to start work on a… Read full this story
- Democrats ready to deal on border barrier — just not a ‘wall’
- ‘Remember the Alamo’: Meadows steels conservatives, Trump for border wall fight
- Trump backs off Mexico border shutdown but threatens auto tariffs
- Fact check: Are border crossings at ‘historically low levels?’
- As Measure U propaganda adds up, what are the facts behind the city’s tax hike?
- Visa Waiver Travelers to Face Additional Security Screenings
- Fortify Mexican border or the Arctic? Congress split on funding icebreakers to counter Russia
- Know your rights at the border
- What SC’s Distrust Of Private Companies’ Role In Collection Of Bio-Metric Data Signifies
- How software and algorithms might ease Colorado traffic along U.S. 36 and I-26 toll lanes
More data needed before border measures can be eased for vaccinated travellers: Ong Ye Kung have 320 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.