Meridian Energy has launched a new programme to support the reduction of emissions from New Zealand’s fossil fuel-fired industrial boilers, the second largest source of energy-related greenhouse gas emissions. The first three projects of Meridian’s Process Heat Electrification Programme will see the energy company work with three companies targeting the removal of more than 15,000 tonnes of carbon emissions from their process heat production per annum, the equivalent of removing over 8000 cars from the road. Meridian chief executive, Neal Barclay says the combination of long term supply contracts and highly competitive electricity pricing offered by the programme is key to reducing carbon emissions by a potential 100,000 tonnes per annum, the emissions equivalent of over 50,000 cars every year. “We’re offering sharp long term deals to customers that want to reduce their emissions profile by decarbonising their process heat,” he says. The programme will assist customers in these sectors by providing long term electricity contracts at highly competitive prices, on the proviso that customers use the electricity to help replace fossil fuels and reduce carbon emissions. Meridian has been in talks with ANZCO, and Meadow Mushrooms as pilot customers. “These businesses are showing real climate leadership at a time… Read full this story
- Trump's rollbacks of fossil fuel regulations may carry steep costs
- Rollbacks for fossil fuel industries will come at a steep costYou may also be interested in...
- U.S. fossil fuel exports spur Asian building boom, climate worries
- Another Voice: State pensions need to divest from fossil fuels
- Fossil fuel rebound in United States cuts 2 ways
- Fossil fuel exports spur growth, climate worries
- U.S. Emissions Spike Undercuts Trump Administration Push For Fossil Fuel Use
- Trump’s fossil fuel rollbacks carry steep cost
- Trump rollbacks on fossil fuels will save industry money but cost lives
- Trump rollbacks for fossil fuel industries carry steep health, environmental costs
Meridian targets 100,000 tonnes of carbon reduction from fossil fuel-fired boilers have 300 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.