Senator Lindsey Graham has warned that former President Donald Trump could destroy the Republican Party or rebuild it as a bigger and more diverse coalition after his combative speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference. Speaking to Axios on HBO , the South Carolina Republican said Trump was a “bigger-than-life deal,” and argued that he had the power to either make the GOP stronger or bring it to its knees. He added that the former president had a “dark side” but also “some magic there,” as he claimed to be trying to “harness the magic” of the former commander-in-chief. “There’s something about Trump. There’s a dark side and there’s some magic there. What I’m trying to do is just harness the magic,” Graham told Axios. “To me, Donald Trump is a sort of a cross between Jesse Helms, Ronald Reagan, and P.T. Barnum.” The senator added: “I mean it’s just this bigger-than-life deal. He could make the Republican Party something that nobody else I know can make it. “He can make it bigger. He can make it stronger. He can make it more diverse. And he also could destroy it.” Newsweek has contacted Trump’s office for further comment. Graham warned… Read full this story
- GOP Senator Lindsey Graham Warns Against Trump's Taliban Peace Deal: 'Afghanistan Will Fall Apart and Civil War Will Emerge'
- That Viral Lindsey Graham Quote Saying Trump Knows More About Viruses Than Scientists Is Fake
- Lindsey Graham backlash powers Democratic Senate challenge in red South Carolina
- Trump rallies conservatives at CPAC
- ***Live Updates*** Donald Trump Addresses CPAC 2020
- Trump Says 'Far-Left Radicals' Want to Turn America Into A 'Country You Would Not Recognize' in CPAC Speech
- Donald Trump crouches behind podium to mock 'mini' Mike Bloomberg's height and jokes that if Joe Biden became president he'd be 'in a home someplace' while others ran the country
- Fired-up Trump rips Democrats, Mitt Romney and the ‘Washington Swamp’ in rollicking CPAC speech
- Russian government hackers steal DNC files on Donald Trump
- Politics Trumped the Coronavirus at CPAC
Lindsey Graham Warns Donald Trump Could 'Destroy' GOP After Combative CPAC Speech have 336 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.