South Carolina Republican Senator Lindsey Graham called former President Donald Trump a cross between Jesse Helms, Ronald Reagan and P.T. Barnum. During an interview on Sunday with Axios on HBO , Graham spoke about Trump’s role in the Republican Party and mentioned that he thinks the former president is similar to Helms, the former North Carolina Senator who was a leading name in the conservative movement, Reagan, who served as the 40th president and Barnum, who was a member of the Connecticut House of Representatives, but most notably known for founding the Barnum and Bailey Circus. “It’s just this bigger than life deal,” Graham said about Trump. “He could make the Republican Party something that nobody else I know can make it. He can make it bigger, he can make it stronger, he can make it more diverse and he also could destroy it.” During the interview, Graham went on to describe Trump as having a “dark side,” as well as “some magic” as the former president was able to excel in areas where former Republican candidates like Mitt Romney and John McCain were unable to. “What’s hard, is to take a movement that I think is good for the… Read full this story
- How Donald Trump Divided and Conquered Evangelicals
- Exclusive: Trump gives Microsoft 45 days to clinch TikTok deal
- The Hill's Campaign Report: Even the Post Office is political now | Primary action tonight | Super PACS at war
- GOP senator subpoenas FBI over Russia, defends Biden probe
- Is Ukraine headed for a snap parliamentary election?
- What happens if there’s no clear winner?
- Cummings soon to a TV near you: Spitting Image returns after 24 years with PM's advisor and a sweaty Prince Andrew among the puppets
Lindsey Graham Calls Donald Trump a Cross Between Jesse Helms, Ronald Reagan and P.T. Barnum have 285 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.