Scene from "In The Heights" —PHOTOS COURTESY OF WARNER BROS. It was the kind of virtual launch whose feel-good vibe couldn't have come at a more appropriate time. Last weekend, just when the COVID-19 cases were noticeably on the rise again, Inquirer Entertainment was given the rare privilege of attending the trailer launch of the movie musical "In The Heights" for this Philippine exclusive. We've become blasé about these virtual events because we've been doing so many of them in the past year or so. But even we were having a hard time containing our excitement over the opportunity to hear composer-lyricist Lin-Manuel Miranda ("Hamilton"), director Jon Chu ("Crazy Rich Asians") and Pulitzer-winning playwright Quiara Alegria Hudes ("Water by the Spoonful") talk about the quadruple Tony-winning 2008 Broadway musical's jump from stage to screen. The movie version of "In The Heights" will open in local cinemas soon. Meanwhile, here's the spectacular teaser from the musical's official trailer: https://youtu.be/Q0TRzLgKjlIShot in the summer of 2018, the film follows the habitués of a predominantly Dominican neighborhood in New York City called Washington Heights. Set over the course of three days, the story revolves around bodega owner Usnavi de la Vega (Anthony Ramos), who… Read full this story
- How Lin-Manuel Miranda's non-stop work ethic from a young age made 'Hamilton' one of the most successful musicals of all time
- Group praises Lin-Manuel Miranda's efforts in Puerto Rico -- and shares what's needed moving forward
- 'Hamilton' actress Sabrina Sloan works it on stage and at home
- Tupac Shakur Musical Closes After A Month
- ‘Hamilton’s’ Miranda, Music, and Mobile Equals Business Marketing Magic
- THEN AND NOW: The cast of the original 'Mary Poppins'
- 'Deadpool 2' director opens up about the pressures of jumping into a hit franchise and how test screenings made the movie better
- Could Max Martin's musical be the best pop show of all time?
- The Year In Post-Truth, Day Two: The Cast of “Hamilton” Harasses Mike Pence
- Music Boss of Bosses: 5 Career Highlights of Motownâ€™s Berry Gordy
‘In The Heights’: Lin-Manuel, lead cast dish about the musical’s big jump from stage to screen have 356 words, post on entertainment.inquirer.net at March 19, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.