Jeanne Bonner is a writer, editor and literary translator. Her writing has been published by The New York Times, NPR, Delta Sky Magazine and CNN. She teaches writing in Connecticut. The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely her own. View more opinion articles on CNN. (CNN) I have a question for my father so I jot it down on a postcard. I figured it would be a new way to communicate. When I visit my parents, who are in their 80s, two weeks later at their home in New Jersey last fall, I say excitedly to dad, “Did you get my postcard? What is your favorite piece of music?” My father listened to music when I was growing up like some fathers watch the game, or consult the box scores in the newspaper. The stereo was always on. He didn’t play any instruments but had an encyclopedic knowledge of classical music and jazz. He turned me onto WKCR, Columbia University’s radio station so I could hear Phil Schaap conducting marathon birthday shows about the great Jazz artists. He and my mother traveled to Vienna one year to attend the celebrated New Year’s Concert to hear classical music by the… Read full this story
- Toyota's Sudden Acceleration Problems: What Did It Know and When Did It Know It?
- Comments for : The reason you probably want YouTube subscriptions (even if you don't know it)
- [Bonus Round] Dig, Turbo Racing League, Can Knockdown 3, Finding Teddy, Spin Master Bowling, And You Don't Know Jack
- Fitbit CFO: I don't know anyone who's passionate about Apple Watch
- Comments for : Did an app failure cost Romney the presidency?
- I’m finally winning the race against anxiety
- Comments for : Did Google okay Motorola's lawsuit against Apple?
- Comments for : Asphalt Overdrive is out: pure arcade racing in southern Cali, available for free on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone
- Comments for : Sony Honami and its 20-megapixel camera detailed: smaller sensor than originally thought
- Comments for : Did Verizon favor new subscribers during DROID X launch?
I don't know my dad as much as I thought I did. I'm racing against time to find out more have 333 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.