(Subscribe to our Today’s Cache newsletter for a quick snapshot of top 5 tech stories. Click here to subscribe for free.) Computer maker HP made its first ever consumer PC using plastic waste in ocean, a move that builds on the company's sustainability commitment. Newly launched Pavilion 13, Pavilion 14, and Pavilion 15 Laptops were manufactured using ocean-bound plastics. HP estimates that the use of these plastics in devices will keep around 92,000 plastic bottles out of the oceans and landfills. The outer boxes and fibre cushions used to pack the products are also 100% recyclable material. ” The PC today is an indispensable part of our lives , with several use case scenarios emerging from various consumer groups,” said Vickram Bedi, Senior Director, Personal Systems at HP India. HP Pavilion 13 will be available in silver and ceramic white colours, and is priced at Rs 71,999 in i5 and i7 variants with 1TB SSD. HP Pavilion 14 will be available in silver, ceramic white and tranquil pink, and is priced at Rs 62,999, in i5 and i7 variants with 1TB SSD. The other one will come in Silver colour at a starting price of Rs 67,999, in i5 GFX… Read full this story
- Vietnam sets goals to reduce plastic waste
- Vietnam to start plastic waste reduction action plan
- Thanks to China, over 100 million metric tons of plastic waste will soon have nowhere to go
- Turning plastic waste into works of art
- India Launches First Test Plant to Convert Plastic Waste to Diesel Fuel
- Cobra Throws Up Plastic Bottle After Swallowing It by Mistake – Video
- How HP made the new Elite Dragonfly one of the most sustainable laptops ever
- Coles backs down on plastic bag ban, will hand out thicker bags as customers 'need more time'
- Paying with plastic for a clean Delhi
- Devotees visiting West Bengal's Gangasagar get cloth bags to curb use of single-use plastic
HP makes first ever PCs with plastic waste in ocean have 298 words, post on www.thehindu.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.