WASHINGTON: Dr Anthony Fauci, the top US infectious disease official, said on Sunday (Feb 28) he would take the newly approved Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, as he encouraged Americans to accept any of the three approved shots. “All three of them are really quite good, and people should take the one that’s most available to them. If you go to a place and you have J&J, and that’s the one that’s available now, I would take it,” Fauci said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” READ: US authorises Johnson & Johnson’s single-shot COVID-19 vaccine The US government authorised Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine on Saturday, making it the third to be available in the country following ones from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna. Both of those vaccines require two doses and need to be shipped frozen. The J&J vaccine can be shipped and stored at normal refrigerator temperatures. The J&J vaccine is expected to get final approval for widespread use on Sunday, and shipments are expected to begin Sunday or Monday. Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines showed higher efficacy rates in trials that used two doses versus J&J’s single-shot vaccine. However, Fauci and other experts say direct comparison is difficult because the trials had… Read full this story
- What Should You Do With COVID-19 Vaccination Card After Getting Both Doses?
- State governments, private hospitals can buy COVID-19 vaccines directly from manufacturers: Centre
- Australia, UNICEF provide A$13.5 million to support COVID-19 vaccine delivery in Viet Nam
- Australia, UNICEF announce $10.5mn package to support COVID-19 vaccine delivery in Vietnam
- Neena Gupta Takes Second Dosage Of COVID-19 Vaccine Fearlessly; Recalls Viral Video Of First Shot
- HCM City starts second phase of COVID-19 vaccination
- Doctors say clot treatment advice key to US resuming Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines
- Australia looks to speed up COVID-19 vaccine roll-out to over-50s
- Suchitra Krishnamoorthi reveals the COVID-19 vaccine shortage is no rumour, says she was turned back from a hospital
- US Halt on J&J Jab Throws Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Programme Into Chaos
Fauci urges Americans to get any of the 3 COVID-19 vaccines available have 342 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.