Exhausted and demoralised NHS workers are being forced to take on side jobs as delivery drivers or turn to food banks as they struggle to get by on their current pay. Frontline workers have slammed the Government’s proposed pitiful 1% pay rise as “absolutely disgusting” and “insulting”, saying they would take home an extra £3.50 or less per week. For some that barely covers the cost of getting to and from work in a single day. NHS workers have told the Mirror they are prepared to go on strike as this offer is the latest slap in the face after a decade of austerity that saw them fall behind and a coronavirus pandemic in which they continue to risk their lives. One mental health nurse has been forced to take a part-time Amazon gig, delivering parcels when he should be recuperating or spending time with family Are you an NHS worker? Email us on [email protected] An NHS colleague, referring to the 850-plus healthcare workers who have died during the pandemic, said: “The Government clearly didn't value our lives and they don't value us alive, either.” They have shared their harrowing pandemic stories, from seeing patients die on overwhelmed wards to… Read full this story
- JUSTIN TOMLINSON'S COLUMN: NHS get pay rise they deserve
- Chancellor Philip Hammond under pressure to find £4billion to give public sector workers a pay rise
- Millions of workers to get a £585 pay rise next month – are you one of them?
- Women’s Week: Female readers from Suffolk and Essex reveal their top worries
- Wednesday's letters, including: Shameful and insulting rise
- Nurse's fury after getting charged £5,500 in hospital car park penalties while saving lives
- Fury as WWII hero’s graveyard headstone is smeared with EXCREMENT by sick vandals
- Thug caught on camera smashing up police car while officers pay tribute to war heroes
- ‘Hero’ NHS staff praised for 17-hours A&E shifts as hospitals face growing winter pressures
- Families say Manchester ‘homeless hero’ who robbed terror victims and took pics of dead kids ‘should be ashamed’
'Exhausted' NHS heroes vent fury at 'absolutely disgusting' £3.50-a-week pay rise have 339 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.