The Democratic Party's House and Senate campaign arms on Wednesday called on Facebook to lift its ban on political ads. Tim Persico , the executive director of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), and Christie Roberts , the executive director of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) said in a joint statement that the policy has failed to prevent the spread of disinformation while limiting interaction between voters, lawmakers and activists. "This reckless and haphazard policy has made it harder for campaigns and organizations that do provide accurate information to voters and engage with them in good faith, and it hinders communities of color in particular from fully participating in the democratic process," they said. ADVERTISEMENT "The ability to reach grassroots supporters on these platforms is more important now than ever before,” they added. “Continuing to block political ads indefinitely — with zero transparency and no credible explanation behind this decision — helps Republican politicians at the expense of our democracy." Facebook first banned any new political ads in late October to fight the spread of misinformation ahead of and after the Nov. 3 general elections. That ban was ultimately extended as former President Trump Donald Trump South Carolina Senate adds… Read full this story
- Sean Patrick Maloney elected leader of House Democratic campaign arm
- Facebook will BAN all political ads in the US after the polls close on November 3 in a bid 'to limit confusion and misinformation'
- Google will lift post-election political ad ban on December 10
- Google to Lift Ban on Political Ads on Thursday Nearly a Month After US Election, Reports Say
- Democrats try to draft Cardenas to run campaign arm after disappointing night
- Senate GOP campaign arm hauls in $75M over past month
- Google lifting political ad freeze Thursday
- Gallego tapped to run Hispanic Caucus's campaign arm
- Senate GOP's campaign arm rakes in $75M as Georgia runoffs heat up
- Streaming services are the ‘Wild West’ for political ads, report finds
Democrats' campaign arms call on Facebook to lift ban on political ads have 316 words, post on thehill.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.