By Ho Quoc Tuan – Lecturer, Bristol University Figures from Vietnam's General Statistics Office showed that only 3.8 million foreign visitors set their feet onto the nation's land last year, a drop of nearly 80 per cent compared to 2019. Over 96 per cent of those who came to Vietnam, arrived in the first quarter last year when the coronavirus pandemic had yet to become a global threat. These figures indicate how severe the damage to the region's tourism sector was, as well as to relevant industries like aviation. In this context, scaling up the number of international visitors and simultaneously promoting inbound tours are both important to resurrect this industry. Re-opening travel and international flights between nations have therefore become vital targets to several economies in 2021. The largest bottleneck to the efforts on re-opening national borders and luring in visitors is the isolation time required from visitors to ensure safety. To reach the target that all airlines and authorities are working on entrance and exit formalities at airports could require precise information about the health status of each passenger, as well as whether they have been tested and vaccinated. One of the initiatives to tackle this dilemma is… Read full this story
- The Best Places to Travel on a Budget
- Beating Jet Lag For Busy Business Travelers
- Pass For New York Travel - A Genuine Ticket Or Scam?
- How To Travel Cheap - Leave Your Heart In San Francisco
- All Aboard! Train Travel Around the World
- 1st Class Eurail Travel Guide
- Discount Travel Resources
- Reduce Your Travel Stress - 5 Tips For Easy Security Screenings
- 10 Top Budget Travel Tips For Tokyo and Japan
- How to Travel Cheap - The Beautiful Grand Canyon
Could authorised travel pass become the remedy? have 277 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 10, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.