(File Photo) Former Senator Trillanes MANILA, Philippines—The Court of Appeals has granted the plea of former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV to set aside a Makati court's ruling that reinstated the rebellion case against him. In its decision, the Court of Appeals 6th Division reversed the September 25 and December 2018 ruling of Makati City Regional Trial Court Branch 150 Judge Elmo Alameda. In its September 25, 2018 order, Alameda upheld the legality of President Duterte's Proclamation No. 572, which revoked the grant of amnesty to Trillanes by former President Aquino through Proclamation No. 75. The ruling gave way for the DOJ's motion to reopen the rebellion case, the issuance of an arrest warrant, and a hold departure order against the senator. On Dec. 18, 2018, the trial court junked Trillanes' motion for reconsideration of the September 25, 2018 order. The lower court, in both orders, maintained that Trillanes failed to prove that he actually applied to be granted amnesty and that he expressly admitted his guilt to the crimes committed on the Manila Peninsula takeover as required under Proclamation No. 75. The case was then elevated to the Court of Appeals. The appeals court, in its 59-page decision penned by… Read full this story
- Tory MPs Back Rebel Bid to Grant Parliament Final Scrutiny of COVID-19 Restrictions
- Lori Loughlin Enters Prison Early For Two-Month Sentence In College Bribery Scheme
- Now coronavirus rise spreads to the middle-aged: England is on the brink of losing control of Covid outbreak, warns SAGE adviser - as infections in the over-50s soar by 92 PER CENT
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by Facebook - Barrett touts independence to sidestep confirmation questions
- Deciding issues of personal law
- Mum’s fury after triple child killer David McGreavy who impaled kids on railings is cleared for release
- Prop. 16: Why is affirmative action measure struggling in woke California?
CA grants Trillanes plea to overturn rebellion case have 300 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.