Company removes several videos of the military; says it is monitoring situation BANGKOK YouTube has removed five channels run by Myanmar's military for violating its community guidelines and terms of service. The company said Friday that it terminated channels of broadcasters Myawaddy Media, MRTV, WD Online Broadcasting, MWD Variety and MWD Myanmar . The decision follows a February 1 military coup that ousted the country's elected government, provoking massive public protests. "We have terminated a number of channels and removed several videos from YouTube in accordance with our community guidelines and applicable laws," YouTube said in an emailed statement. The company said it was monitoring the situation for any content that might violate its rules. In December, it pulled 34 channels as part of an investigation into content uploaded in a coordinated influence campaign. That campaign uploaded content about elections in Myanmar, regional conflicts and news related to the US, China and Malaysia , the company said. The decision by YouTube followed Facebook's earlier announcement that it had removed all Myanmar military-linked pages from its site and from Instagram , which it also owns.
- New Zealand mosque shootings: FB, Twitter face scrutiny after livestreaming of attack
- Google's clash with Australian regulators is heating up
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 25
- Thai minister says clampdown won't stop as Facebook plans to fight order
- Google says Australian antitrust law would hit small content creators
- Epic Games wins support from 'Fortnite' gamers, firms on Apple standoff
- Thai police seek protesters who urged change to monarchy
- Unni Mukundan Announces His Production Company Unni Mukundan Films; Pens An Inspiring Note!
- Facebook’s dilemma: How to police claims about unproven COVID-19 vaccines
- Art connect: India's major art events prepare to 'celebrate life'
After FB, Myanmar junta off YouTube have 281 words, post on ahmedabadmirror.indiatimes.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.