In the popular imagination, Amazon is a big huge store run by Jeff Bezos , a smiling man with a clean-shaven head who is, sometimes, the richest person in the world. You order and Amazon delivers. Because it's a big, huge store that wants to be bigger and huger, you can also stream TV shows and buy Amazon-branded personal gadgets and Amazon-branded home security devices. You can order groceries there, too. This is a version of the story Amazon has been telling about itself, to customers, since the very beginning, and one that has made it enormously successful. But behind Amazon's success is also a guy named Andy Jassy , whom most of the company's customers had never heard of before Wednesday, when Bezos announced that he would succeed him as CEO. In a letter to employees, Bezos expressed his "full confidence" in his successor, leaving unsaid what Jassy has been up to for the past decade, because employees surely knew. He's credited with creating and growing Amazon Web Services , Amazon's cloud computing division, into the largest such provider in the world. You, the Amazon customer, have little reason to know about this, because AWS is not for you…. Read full this story
- Australians' data from COVID-19 tracing app to be held by US cloud giant Amazon
- This Amazon Fire tablet deal is cheaper than a steak dinner | Digital Trends
- Explainer: What Caused Amazon's Outage? Will There Be More?
- Someone Is Sending Amazon Sex Toys to Strangers. Amazon Has No Idea How to Stop It.
- Best cloud storage in 2022 : 50+ services tested, 1 winner
- Is Wall Street Tiring of the FAANG Stocks?
- The FAANG Stock News You Completely Missed Last Month
- Intel (INTC) Q4 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Down 60%, Is It Time to Buy DigitalOcean Stock?
- Discord is back to normal after a major outage left users unable to connect
What, exactly, is Amazon Web Services? have 312 words, post on telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com at February 10, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.