Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines are used in the WHO-led Vaccines Global Access (COVAX) initiative, to which Việt Nam is a recipient country. — AFP/VNA Photo HÀ NỘI — With the first COVID-19 vaccine doses slated to arrive in the country later this month, the Vietnamese health ministry has issued its initial vaccination rollout plan, including the priority groups to be given the jabs. The vaccines are from the WHO-led Vaccines Global Access (COVAX) initiative, created mainly to ensure supplies for developing countries. Việt Nam as an eligible recipient is set to receive 30 million doses throughout 2021. The 11 priority groups are identified based on the outbreak situation and given the current limited supply of vaccines in Việt Nam: medical workers; people in the anti-pandemic efforts (COVID-19 prevention and control steering committees of all levels, quarantine facility staff, reporters, etc.); diplomats, customs officers and people working entry and exit procedures; military personnel; public security forces; teachers; elders above 65 years old; essential workers (aviation, transport, tourism staff, utility workers, etc.); people with chronic health issues; people who want to study or work overseas; and people in virus-hit regions. The priority ranking is evaluated based on criteria such as areas where COVID-19 cases are present, areas with… Read full this story
- After daughter’s suicide, grieving parents denounce gaps in access to mental health care
- Head of the GRU is in 'ill health' after furious dressing down from Putin about the 'morons' behind the novichok attack - as second spy is revealed to be Russian military doctor
- "Bred simply to be shot": Inside America's exotic hunting industry
- Boris Johnson warns Brussels that Britain cannot be 'held against its will' as Ireland mounts all-out bid to kill off his fledgling Brexit blueprint before it has even been formally tabled
- 'Modicare' likely to be launched on Aug 15 or Oct 2, to cost Rs 12,000cr pa
- Family of man allegedly killed in electric guitar attack in NSW South Coast hospital demands answers
- Sheena Bora Trial: 'I will die soon if I don't get out of prison'
- 'I can't bring myself to kill my fellow Americans': El Paso Walmart shooter Patrick Crusius, 21, targeted Hispanics in shooting to 'remove the threat' of immigrant voters but claims in manifesto that it would be 'fake news' to blame Trump rhetoric
- Israel: Islamic Jihad commander killed in IDF airstrike
- GPs braced for shutdown after 'toxic mix' of loss of funds and high demand
VN's health ministry details COVID-19 vaccine rollout plan, lists priority groups to receive the shots have 394 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.