Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Phạm Bình Minh. — VNA/VNS Photo HÀ NỘI — Keeping the society safe against pandemics is the best way to ensure each member can fully enjoy their human rights. That was the message from Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Phạm Bình Minh speaking during a High-level Segment of the 46th Regular Session of the United Nation Human Rights Council (UNHRC) via video conference on February 22. Minh told the event that the COVID-19 pandemic had claimed the lives of millions, affected the well-being of billions around the world, and had strained public health and social security systems of all countries, triggering and exacerbating various human rights challenges. However, “Việt Nam continues to put emphasis on the protection and promotion of all human rights and fundamental freedoms of our people, even in this most difficult of times,” he said, adding that the country had tackled the pandemic head on, putting the people at the centre of all its efforts. Prompt and determined actions had been taken to control outbreaks to protect the health and safety of the people as a matter of top priority. Efforts were also made to maintain economic growth and… Read full this story
- Vietnam attends UN Human Rights Council’s 43rd session
- Pompeo says UN Human Rights Council hits ‘new low’ with anti-US resolution on race, police
- At UN Human Rights Council, 53 countries back China's draconian Hong Kong crackdown
- Việt Nam highlights efforts to ensure human rights amidst COVID-19 pandemic
- Guatemalan women take on Canada's mining giants over 'horrific human rights abuses'
- Can Viet Nam could take advantage of new foreign investment strategies?
- Viet Nam still attractive to foreign investors
- Việt Nam, Singapore agree to boost cooperation and trade
- Việt Nam enhances its role thanks to joining UNSC activities
- AIPA advisory council meets to reinforce co-operation in drug fight
Việt Nam presents candidature for membership of UN Human Rights Council have 314 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.