Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin The 2021 Sundance Film Festival wrapped Tuesday night, with a virtual awards ceremony (hosted by Patton Oswalt) announcing the winners of the long-esteemed festival. The biggest winner of the night is CODA , a drama centered around a high school student who is the child of deaf adults (a phrase for which CODA is an acronym), walking away with the top four prizes in the U.S. Dramatic Competition category: the grand jury prize, the audience award, the directing prize, and a special grand jury prize for best ensemble. It's the first film in the festival's history to win all three top prizes in the U.S. Dramatic category. It should be noted that CODA had already broken an entirely different kind of award—Apple had already outbid competitors like Netflix and Amazon for the film, acquiring it for a record-breaking $25 million (the largest deal ever recorded at Sundance). The film, written and directed by Siân Heder, centers on high school student Ruby (Emilia Jones) as she finds herself forced to choose between her family obligations and her passion for music. Director Heder said of the film (while accepting the audience award): "I hope that this… Read full this story
- Lorde will no longer be performing at the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards after the show experienced a 'change in production elements'
- Doja Cat Will Host 2021 MTV Video Music Awards
- Sundance Film Festival Awards Winners List: ‘CODA’ Takes U.S. Grand Jury Prize & Audience Award
- American Music Awards 2019 Full Winners List, Taylor Swift Breaks Michael Jackson’s Record
- 2021 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything You Need To Know From Host, Performers, Nominees & More!
- July 2021 Was Hottest Month In Recorded History
- ‘No Straight Lines’ & ‘Firstness’ Among Top Winners At Outfest Los Angeles LGBTQ Film Festival – Complete Winners List
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021 line-up: Celebrity contestants confirmed - FULL LIST
- 2021 NBA off-season awards
- Highest-Paid NFL Players 2021: Two Star Quarterbacks Post Records On And Off The Field
Sundance 2021: ‘CODA’, ‘Hive’ Set Awards Records (Full Winners List) have 326 words, post on www.forbes.com at February 3, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.