Right now there are two TV technologies available to most people: LCD and OLED . Sure, people with tons of money might get a MicroLED TV , but mere mortals have only those two choices. The biggest TV maker in the world, Samsung, has been firmly in the LCD camp for many years, while crosstown rival LG is the biggest name in OLED . LCD, despite advancements like QLED , mini-LED and dual panels , has always lagged behind OLED in overall picture quality. Now Samsung is working on a new kind of TV that aims to combine two display technologies into something greater than the sum of its parts. It’s a hybrid between OLED and quantum dots called QD Display. According to Korea IT News , Samsung Display will end production of LCD panels by the end of 2021, moving to QD Display next year. At the same time, Samsung Electronics could start selling these new TVs as early as 2022. Stay tuned Subscribe to the CNET TVs, Streaming and Audio newsletter for the best of our home entertainment coverage. Here’s what we know so far. Samsung’s $11 billion bet on quantum dots Samsung has been selling LCD TVs… Read full this story
- Future of tech: LG to launch 65-inch TV that can be rolled up & put away like a poster
- 65-inch 4K TV Sale: Save big on LG, Samsung, Sony, and Vizio
- Every 2020 TV that supports ATSC 3.0 NextGen TV
- What is contrast modulation, and how does it impact your TV’s picture quality?
- Are curved TVs just a marketing gimmick?
- The best 4K TV deals in the bank holiday sales: premium TVs now available for less
- ATSC 3.0 brings a boost to broadcast TV. Here’s how to prep for the switch
- US tests reveal major TV manufacturers may be manipulating energy ratings
- Samsung Electronics beats first-quarter estimates, braces for bigger blow from coronavirus
- Strictly Come Dancing launch 2019: Catherine Tyldesley, Anneka Rice, Emma Barton and Saffron Barker don flashy cocktail dresses to lead the stars at this year's glittering 17th series inauguration
Samsung OLED TV with quantum dots could challenge LG as soon as next year have 331 words, post on www.cnet.com at February 20, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.