The Home Secretary is to probe claims made by a passenger who said she walked through Heathrow unchecked after arriving from South Africa . Sharon Feinstein, who lives in Islington, north London , claims she walked through the terminal following a trip to Johannesburg, where the mutant strain is rife. Ms Feinstein landed yesterday after visiting her mother, and had documents to prove she’d had a negative test result – but claims she was ushered through passport control. Matt Hancock told the Commons today that Priti Patel ‘is looking into this individual case’. This comes as it emerged travellers who lie about whether they have been to mutant coronavirus hotspots face up to ten years in prison, under a brutal crackdown unveiled by Matt Hancock today. In more coronavirus news today, it emerged: Matt Hancock says over-70s no longer need to wait for Covid vaccine invite from the NHS and they can book their own jabs online; Covid deaths hit a six-week low as UK records 333 more victims and 14,104 infections on Monday; Unions push back at plan to extend school summer term by two weeks as Boris Johnson vows to go ‘flat out’ to help children catch up… Read full this story
- Don't pack your toothbrush just yet: Priti Patel warns Britons desperate to jet off on holiday that air bridges will not happen 'overnight' and the UK still needs to negotiate with countries to lift quarantine rules
- Priti Patel demands to see Met Police chief Cressida Dick 'first thing today for a full explanation' after force was 'reduced to a laughing stock' when overpowered officers were forced to flee 'mini riot' in Brixton
- Priti Patel's balancing act as home secretary
- British Falklands War hero is shot dead by robbers while protecting his partner during raid on their retreat - as South Africa suffers three farm murders in just two days, including pregnant mother whose throat was slit
- Priti Patel Insists UK 'Owes it to Thousands of COVID Victims' to Impose Post-Lockdown Quarantine
- Black Lives Matter latest news: Priti Patel vows to brings ‘yobs’ to ‘justice’ after protests turned violent in London
- Eurotunnel website CRASHES and travel firms report their biggest Saturday sales EVER as people rush to book before 'traffic light' system letting Brits holiday WITHOUT quarantine comes into force 'on July 6'
- Critics round on No 10 over 'ridiculous' rules for 14-day quarantine
- Unconvicted terrorism suspects face indefinite controls under UK bill
- How is coronavirus changing air travel?
Priti Patel will probe claims of furious traveller who said she walked through Heathrow in 10 minutes with NO checks after returning from South Africa amid calls for tougher controls have 399 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 9, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.