A day after formally taking the reins from Bob Swan as head of Intel, chief executive Pat Gelsinger this morning sent a memo to Intel employees in which he urged the company to become a “fountain of innovation” for the industry. “We will be a fountain for continuous innovation in the industry through our unmatched IP, engineering talent and research into new next-generation computing architectures,” wrote Gelsinger. Gelsinger listed three other bullet points: to be a leader in every category in which Intel competes; to “execute flawlessly”; and to bring back “Groveian disciplines for direct, transparent and data-driven decisions and accountability,” referring to famed Intel co-founder and CEO the late Andy Grove. Gelsinger reiterates in his memo his long history with Intel — he worked at the company for thirty years before becoming head of software maker VMware — and called the CEO role, once again, “my dream job.” Gelsinger’s appointment was announced on January 13th, following a call by activist investor Third Point LLC for dramatic action at the company. He formally took over from Swan on February 15th. The activism followed many years of manufacturing snafus for the company, including delays in producing its leading-edge processors, and share… Read full this story
- Deloitte India CEO bats for AI adoption in government policymaking
- Congress Set to Return, Certify Biden’s Win Following Mob Siege: Live Updates
- Insurance in 2021: Looking beyond the 'new normal'
- Ahead of New Year celebrations, key flyovers across Thane to be shut
- The Memo: Toxic divide grew deeper in 2020
- REVEALED: Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey banned Trump while on vacation in French Polynesia sending the president 'ballistic' as he furiously tweeted through other accounts
- The Memo: GOP and nation grapples with what comes next
- 2020 media scandals and controversies, from Chris Cuomo’s coronavirus hypocrisy to New York Times’ turmoil
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Trump's new phone call controversy, Georgia runoffs headline big week
- Jio, Airtel spar with tech cos over spectrum delicensing; want govt to protect spectrum-related investments
New Intel CEO Gelsinger in memo urges return of Groveian transparency, directness have 328 words, post on www.zdnet.com at February 16, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.