A MUM has thrown her daughter the "cheapest wedding ever" after refusing to spend more than $1,000 (£700) on her big day. Shelley Watson has been penny pinching for years and was not about to change her ways for daughter Ashley's wedding to groom Colby Cosgrove. The mum, who appears on TLC's Extreme Cheapskates, is determined to cut costs wherever she can, beginning with the venue. Rather than splash out thousands on a grand country house Shelley takes her daughter to the local school gym. "The best part about it is it's free because my friends work here, it's the perfect place to get married" Shelley says. However, not everyone is convinced. Denise, Colby's mother, says: "I thought it was a f***ing joke, nobody in their right mind is serious about having it in a gym. It's ridiculous." "This is going to be the cheapest wedding ever," Ashley agrees. When it comes to flowers, Shelley has come up with a budget solution, heading to a holiday warehouse Shelley explains: "It's a seasonal distribution company that would have flowers and those flowers are out of season right now so they would be cheaper. "They could have Christmas flowers." The mum bags… Read full this story
- Would you pay $990 to dress like a WAG? Phoebe Burgess puts her second-hand designer clothes up for sale on Instagram
- Couple reveal how they held a zero-waste wedding - and it cost them just $7,000 thanks to tricks like foraging for their own flowers and wearing second-hand shoes
- Wedding guest wears tiny white dress to her friend’s big day and gets slammed because people can ‘almost see her crotch’
- Jilted wife whose husband left her for her friend of 25 years got revenge by leaving her wedding dress on their porch - with a note saying her ex-pal was welcome to her 'second-hand goods'
- Royal family's first gay wedding: The extraordinary story of the Queen's cousin Lord Ivar Mountbatten and the 'gorgeous beast' he's set to marry, as he is given away by his VERY understanding ex-wife
- YouTubers Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau seal their whirlwind romance as they exchange vows in a lavish wedding extravaganza in Las Vegas (but even the groom's own brother only gives their marriage a month!)
- 'Being a bride, take two!' Melissa Lucarelli sparks speculation that she's returning to Married At First Sight for another shot at love as she gets glammed up for a bridal shoot
- Indian boy is called the 'devil' due to a mysterious condition that has caused his hands to grow to 12 INCHES, which local villagers think is a curse
- The staggering REAL cost of Jules Robinson and Cameron Merchant's wedding is revealed... after they received countless freebies as part of their TV deal
- Serena Williams and husband Alexis Ohanian attend his sister's wedding and share snap with flower girl daughter Olympia from ceremony... where tennis star was bridesmaid
I refuse to spend a penny over £700 on my daughter’s wedding – she can get married in a school with a second-hand dress have 499 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 19, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.