Video Player Close GENEVA, Feb. 26 (Xinhua) — After the enactment of the Law of the People’s Republic of China on Safeguarding National Security in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), Hong Kong’s law and order is restored, and residents can resume their normal daily lives, a senior HK official told a UN rights body Wednesday. Teresa Cheng, deputy head of the Chinese delegation and secretary for justice of the HKSAR government, said at the 46th Session of the UN Human Rights Council that Hong Kong has now reverted to a safe, rational, inclusive and vibrant society. “In the second half of 2019, due to the civil unrest properties and facilities had been damaged, citizens arbitrarily attacked, the functioning of the legislature and government seriously disrupted, and many citizens and police officers were injured,” she said. She explained that to suppress those violent, subversive and terrorist activities which posed a serious threat to the national security, the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress of China adopted the national security law in June 2020. “Like the national security laws of many countries, it makes secession, subversion, terrorist activity, and collusion with foreign forces to endanger national security a crime…. Read full this story
- Hong Kong to ban flights from the Philippines, India and Pakistan
- Feature: Life in Israel gradually returns to normal amidst global pandemic
- 'A very good weird': Israel drops outdoor COVID mask order
- Variants ‘not yet dominant’ – DoH
- Daunte Wright killing latest – Hundreds riot after female cop shoots black man, 20, dead ‘after mistaking gun for Taser’
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 19
- Covid-19 pandemic reaffirmed Total Defence as vital to Singapore: Ng Eng Hen
- Queen 'went for drive alone and stopped at beloved spot on day after Philip's funeral'
- Lockdown in Delhi: Who all will be exempted? Read complete guideline here
- EU discusses Russia strategy as tensions grow in Ukraine
Hong Kong's law and order restored, residents can now resume normal daily lives: official have 303 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.