Nearly 50 cents out of every retail dollar Americans spend online now go to Amazon —the company commanded 47 percent of the retail e-commerce market share in 2020 , and that number is expected to reach fully 50 percent in 2021. While the COVID-19 pandemic decimated many retailers big and small, Amazon has thrived , capturing much of the lucrative online and delivery markets, with the company accounting for nearly one-third of all e-commerce sales in the United States in 2020. To handle the surge in online retail and home-delivery demand, Amazon added hundreds of thousands of workers, breaking past the 1 million employee mark in late 2020. The company has more than 150 million Prime subscribers . Although they’ve long paid for “free” two-day shipping, Prime members now also get a massive library of entertainment, e-books, grocery services, cloud storage, and gaming. The early investors who bought into the company when it first went public rode a wave of nearly unprecedented growth— those who made an initial investment of just $1,000 are now millionaires. Amazon is ranked among the five biggest corporations in America, and its founder is the second-richest human being on Earth, having just lost his No…. Read full this story
- 'Oh My Dog', produced by Suriya & Jyotika, will get an Amazon Prime Video release on April 21
- Amazon Is Opening a Hair Salon, Seriously
- Amazon CEO Andy Jassy “Very Optimistic About What’s Possible” In Entertainment
- Amazon Threatens Small Businesses With Retaliation to Access User Data
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: What is it and how do I get involved?
- Amazon union organisers deflated as vote tilts against them in Bessemer
- Amazon is Taking Prime Delivery Beyond its Own Website
- Maya Erskine will star in Prime Video's Mr. and Mrs. Smith | Digital Trends
- Hollywood Spent Years Wooing The King Of Bollywood. It Took Amazon To Land Him.
- Amazon Devices Launch: Astro Headlines A Compelling Story Of Our Connected Future
From Prime to Kindle: 26 Years of Amazon History have 302 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 18, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.