(CNN) Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker is mourning the loss of his father, who drowned in Lavras do Sul, Brazil near the border with Uruguay. “We are deeply saddened by the tragic death of Alisson Becker’s father, Jose, in Brazil on Wednesday,” Liverpool said on its Twitter feed . The thoughts of everybody at the club are with @Alissonbecker and the Becker family at this incredibly sad and difficult time.” “He [the father] was fishing and drowned,” Allison’s manager Zé Maria Neiss told CNN Brasil. “The family is in shock.” A police inspector told Reuters that the 57-year-old Becker had been swimming at a dam on his property and no foul play was suspected. Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson (R) and brother Muriel (L) with father Jose Becker (2-R). Police called in the local fire brigade, according to CNN Brasil. CNN has reached out to local police for comment. Read More Alisson’s brother Muriel is also a professional footballer — and goalkeeper — and his Brazilian club Fluminense posted their condolences on Twitter .
- Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson out ‘for the next few weeks’ because of injury, confirms Klopp
- Liverpool deserve to win the Premier League, says goalkeeper Alisson
- Liverpool opens up 11-point lead over Man City in EPL
- Liverpool back on top as Shaqiri sinks United, Arsenal’s unbeaten run ends
- Liverpool draws Napoli, takes UCL fate to last match day
- Liverpool beat Tottenham Hotspur in Champions League final to win sixth European Cup
- Liverpool powers ahead as Manchester City stumbles again in Premier League
- Liverpool Stretch Lead As Manchester City, Chelsea Stumble
- Liverpool stretch lead as Manchester City, Chelsea stumble
- EPL: Liverpool stretch lead at the top of the table as Man City, Chelsea stumble
Father of Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker drowns in southern Brazil have 273 words, post on edition.cnn.com at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.