Just over a year ago, I had a quintuple heart bypass. In the months since, the numbness in my chest has been replaced by tenderness and soreness. I also dread coughing, as this is painful too. Is all this normal? Quintuple heart bypass is just about one of the biggest operations you can have on the heart. It involves removing and replacing five major blood vessels that supply the heart because they’ve become diseased, inflamed and blocked by fatty deposits known as plaque. A bypass is open-heart surgery, and involves taking blood vessels from elsewhere in the body and ‘plumbing’ them into the heart, helping re-establish a healthy blood supply. Today’s reader has asked Dr Ellie Cannon why they are still in pain a year after having a quintuple bypass, file photograph Dr Ellie said there could be continuing numbness around the area of the wound After the operation, patients usually feel massively better, but it takes time to recover. Typically, people are back at work in eight weeks and fully recovered in three months. Numbness is common around the site of the wound, as nerves can be damaged when the chest is opened. As these nerves recover, it’s common to… Read full this story
- Dave McGillivray doesn’t let heart surgery end his Boston Marathon streak
- 72 Hours with the Ferrari 458 Italia
- FMIA: Ego-less Patriots Figure It Out In Time To Beat Rams in ‘throwback’ Super Bowl
- FMIA: Ego-less Patriots Figure It Out In Time Vs. Rams in ‘throwback’ Super Bowl
- The Village Bringing Victor Oladipo Back to Life
- 2018 Maserati GranTurismo Coupe and Convertible First Drive Review
- National League West capsules
- ‘Grumpy Old Women’? Five filmmakers suggest the gender-swap remakes they want to see.
- Despite recovering from injuries, Pietro Fittipaldi soaks in welcoming Indy atmosphere
- West Indies annihilate England to tie up 10-wicket victory with two days to spare and win the series
DR ELLIE CANNON: Why am I still sore a year after quintuple bypass on my heart? have 311 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 6, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.