A statue celebrating the life of a British war hero has been saved from removal by a Black Lives Matter inspired Labour council after the Conservative government announced stricter measures against left-wing iconoclastic assaults on British history.The statue of General Sir Redvers Buller — who was awarded Britain’s highest gallantry decoration, the Victoria Cross, for saving the lives of his fellow soldiers while under enemy fire in the second Zulu war — has been spared from removal. The Labour council backed down after Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick introduced new regulations against targeting statues and monuments. According to an equality impact assessment from Exeter City Council, the statue honouring General Buller represents “the patriarchal structures of empire and colonialism which impact negatively on women and anyone who does not define themselves in binary gender terms”, and therefore council members voted to remove the statue. However, following Mr Jenrick’s pronouncement that statues and historical monuments would be granted new legal protections from “baying mobs” and left-wing “revisionist purges”, the council reversed its decision, The Times reported. The Labour Party chairman of the council, Phil Bialyk, said that the move from the Conservative government prompted the u-turn, but added: “I must stress that we… Read full this story
- Conservatives are distancing themselves from the Tory MP who blocked a law to ban upskirting
- Tory rebels slam Boris Johnson's 'aggressive' threats over titanic Brexit showdown TONIGHT as Philip Hammond vows 'fight of a lifetime' against deselection and Justine Greening QUITS as an MP
- Now it's class war, comrades: Jeremy Corbyn will target wealth creators and 'corrupt' finance systems during election campaign
- I admire Tony Blair for beating Tories, says Tim Farron
- British PM Boris Johnson rallies his party for Brexit fight
- From Corn Laws to Trump tirades: A brief history of Canada-U.S. trade wars
- British PM Theresa May faces calls to quit within three months
- Brexit hero or zero? British PM May's top lawyer takes on Brussels
- China demands apology after 'slap' incident at UK Tory meeting
- Labour declares class war: Jeremy Corbyn vows to target 'vested interests' and 'corrupt' business as he lays out plans to ramp up public spending - accusing the Tories of fighting for the 'super-rich'
Conservatives Conserving?! Tory Order Successfully Blocks the Removal of British War Hero’s Statue have 359 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 5, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.