The internal differences in the Congress spilled out into the open on Saturday, with the dissenting group, or the 'G-23' , in a show of strength held a rally in Jammu ostensibly to felicitate Ghulam Nabi Azad on his retirement from Rajya Sabha but clearly challenging the party leadership. The party leadership has reacted cautiously and not commented about the possibility of disciplinary action against the participants. Also read: Sonia Gandhi to stay on as Congress chief until next AICC session The meeting was attended by senior Congress leaders including former Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Anand Sharma, Kapil Sibal, Manish Tewari, Raj Babbar and Vivek Tankha in addition to Mr. Azad. This is the first collective, public appearance of the group that in August last year, had written to the interim president Sonia Gandhi urging her to ensure "full time" and "visible" leadership. Congress leadership has remained mum about renominating Mr. Azad and the G-23 members find themselves sidelined within the party. Mr. Azad speaking at the rally said he may have retired from Rajya Sabha but he has not retired from politics. One of the sharpest speeches came from senior Congress leader Anand Sharma, who said: "A… Read full this story
- 2 Goa Congress MLAs join BJP after meeting Amit Shah in Delhi
- Fuel prices cross Rs 77 in Delhi & Rs 85 in Mumbai; No discussion on petrol & diesel in Cabinet meeting
- Black flags, tweets widen rift between Bengal govt and Governor Dhankhar
- Will alliance with Shiv Sena in Maharashtra affect Congress' chances in Kerala?
- Congress wants grand temple at Ayodhya says Sachin Pilot
- Jammu and Kashmir, economy, pollution set Parliament flashpoint
- Rift within Pawar family helped BJP execute its plan
- Congress In Shambles After String Of Resignations, Defections By Party Leaders
- News18 Wrap: Amit Shah Says NRC to Happen Across India, Cong Leaders Meets shard Pawar & Other Stories You Missed
- Jammu lawyers now threaten to intensify agitation after indefinite strike
Congress rift widens with caustic G-23 meeting in Jammu have 319 words, post on www.thehindu.com at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.