A POLICE force has warned locals they face £200 for throwing snowballs during the Covid lockdown. Officers from West Mercia Police issued the stark warning after they received reports of people hurling snowballs at elderly people’s homes in Shropshire last night. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates Neighbourhood cops for the Broseley and Much Wenlock areas said going to play in the snow was not a valid reason to be outdoors and could result in a hefty fine. They wrote on Twitter: “There have been two reports of snowballs being thrown last night between 11 and 11.30pm. “This is obviously not a justifiable reason to be out of your house, this behaviour is likely to result in a £200 Fixed Penalty Notice for breaking the lockdown rules.”They later added: “The snowballs reported being thrown in Broseley last night between 11 & 11:30pm were being thrown at the addresses of vulnerable elderly residents. This behaviour is not acceptable at any time.” The officers had earlier revealed four fines had been issued to people in their force area for flouting Covid rules. They added: “Four Fixed Penalty Notices were issued last night in Broseley for blatant… Read full this story
- Cops hunt Brit couple who were filmed romping outside Magaluf nightclub at 7am as they face £535 fine
- Fleeing ‘harassment’ in India, 200 held in Bangladesh: reports
- Police 'rationing' puts public at risk, warns watchdog
- From not carrying TWO dog poo bags to having 'healthy' trees outside their homes: The 'ridiculous' reasons 'out of control' councils are handing out hefty fines - and what you can do to fight back
- How to take over your town: the inside story of a local revolution
- Tipster warned FBI school shooting suspect could 'explode'
- 'I will fight until the very end': Boy, 15, armed with a bow stands among 50 diehard Hong Kong protesters left in university as they prepare to make a last stand against police
- EXCLUSIVE - 'My husband will burn your face off, you white b****': Wife of Katie Piper's acid thug makes sick threats to young mother in bitter feud
- Putin’s Global Killing Campaign: How London Police Scrambled To Shield An Unruly Oligarch From The Kremlin’s Assassins
- 'He tried to gouge out my eyes. He smashed my legs so I could hardly walk’: British backpacker who was held captive for a month in Australia and repeatedly raped by face-tattooed monster courageously tells her story
West Mercia Police warn locals face £200 fines for throwing snowballs during Covid lockdown have 396 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 8, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.