A college professor is drawing a ton of criticism and harassment online, after tweeting about a dramatic display she once put on in front of students.On Tuesday, Dr. Jessica Pabón—an associate professor of women’s, gender and sexuality studies at State University of New York at New Paltz—posted a message about the way she used to discourage students from engaging in improper email etiquette.Responding to another educator who was complaining on Twitter about college kids not knowing how to address professors over email, Pabón wrote: “I would walk into class, throw students’ papers in the air, and walk out. Give them a moment to be like wtf just happened. Then I’d come back in and say ‘this is what it’s like when you email me without a salutation, explanation, or subject line.'”People on social media seem to have been even more outraged by Pabón’s tweet than she claimed to be about no-context emails. However, Pabón’s critics didn’t just use Twitter to voice their disdain. Some people took their grievances to Pabón’s profile on RateMyProfessor.com, and started sharing negative reviews of her teaching style.This led Pabón to issue an email to some students, requesting that they leave positive remarks on her RateMyProfessor.com… Read full this story
- Top student union leader tells undergraduates to stay at home this winter to help prevent a second Covid wave... unless they're black, poor, disabled, gay, or transgender
- She Claimed To Fight For Survivors Of Sexual Harassment In Science, But Some Say She Threatened The Movement
- She Claimed To Fight For Survivors Of Sexual Harassment In Science. But For Many, She Added To The Pain.
- USC Professor's Dismissal Over Chinese Word That Sounds Like Racial Slur Questioned by Alum, Peers
- Emails Show Chaos and Confusion at Ole Miss Over Coronavirus Exposure
- Sexual harassment and the sharing economy: the dark side of working for strangers
- Boris warns 'there is more wretched Covid still to come' but insists it's time 'to get country on its feet' as he hosts Cabinet amid fears chief scientist Chris Whitty could QUIT over his 'return to work' push
- Professors sell their jewellery to survive: Not paid since lockdown, many engineering college teachers dig into emergency fund
- Loans for part-time students – what could possibly go wrong?
- More than 1,200 students test positive for coronavirus at the University of Alabama: Professors are urged NOT to tell classes if fellow members have been infected amid huge outbreak
This Professor Is Getting Harassed Over a Tweet About Students With Bad Email Etiquette have 415 words, post on www.newsweek.com at January 15, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.