WASHINGTON, D.C. (CBSDFW.COM/CNN) – There were angry groups of people, shouting at law enforcement inside the nation’s capitol on January 13. No, this was not another group of domestic terrorists storming the building. It was the reaction of some lawmakers after a decision was made to require members of Congress to walk through metal detectors. The new protocols in the wake of last week’s deadly siege, which included metal detectors and physical pat-downs in some instances, has further inflamed tensions on Capitol Hill, at times prompting shouting matches between Republicans and Capitol Police. Texas Republican Reps. Louie Gohmert (R-Tyler) and Van Taylor (R-Plano) were among those not complying with police at checkpoints and complaining about the new safety measures. Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Republican from Georgia, speaks to members of the media while being searched as she goes through a metal detector at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021. (credit: Al Drago/Bloomberg via Getty Images Members of both parties expressed frustration Tuesday night at the long lines ahead of the entrance to the House floor. Many Republicans view the measure as invasive, but several Democrats called them necessary as they increasingly view their… Read full this story
- Charlottesville demonstrators march on anniversary as DC protests expected to draw hundreds
- What is Knox County Schools doing to improve security before the new year?
- Donald Trump Made Republicans the Family Separations Party—Does it Spell Political Death in 2018 Midterms?
- Amid Record Youth Suicide Attempts, Texas Lags in Prevention Training for Teachers
- Crown Heights erupts in three days of race riots after Jewish driver hits and kills Gavin Cato, 7, in 1991
- Readers sound off on dogicide, riots and suicide bombers
- Vigil, marches mark anniversary of deadly far-right protest
- Police arrest at least 40 people protesting Alton Sterling's death in Baton Rouge
- DC Mayor Arrested Protesting Budget Cuts
- How New York City Hired A Con Artist To Clean Up Ebola
Texas Republicans Among Those Clashing With Capitol Police In DC Over New Safety Protocols After Deadly Riot have 320 words, post on dfw.cbslocal.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.