NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — In a year like no other, restaurants around the city are struggling to stay afloat. There are hopes that the annual Restaurant Week will give them a much-needed boost, but it won’t be business as usual. As CBS2’s Hazel Sanchez reported Monday, Neir’s Tavern in Woodhaven, Queens has been a popular watering hole for more than 190 years. You may have seen it featured in the classic film “Goodfellas.” But owner Loycent Gorden said even its storied history isn’t enough to save it from the financial struggles of the pandemic. MORE: NYC Ready For First Of Its Kind Restaurant Week To-Go “Whether you open up 191 years or one year, we all are going through the same struggle,” he said. A record 570 restaurants across the five boroughs are taking part in NYC & Company‘s 29th annual Restaurant Week. Many are barely making ends meet without indoor dining and few customers braving the cold for outdoor dining. This year’s Restaurant Week to-go is the lifeline they need. Domenico and Anthony Sacramone own Sac’s Place in Astoria, Queens. “This is going to be a huge boost for us if the whole community, all of Queens, can come and… Read full this story
- New York City set for $15 minimum wage
- Jennifer Lawrence stays warm in chic cream coat as she steps out for dinner in New York City
- Real Housewives Of New York City: Tinsley Mortimer casually reveals breakup after Truth Or Dare game
- New York city in two days with teenage kids - the must-do guide
- No time for a tumble! Elle Macpherson looks elegant arriving at a business meeting in New York City - after falling over on the red carpet in Vienna
- Gwyneth Paltrow keeps warm in a grey trench coat after leaving In Goop Health Summit in New York City
- Yonkers Battling With New York City Over MTA Bus Depot Sitting On Prime Waterfront Real Estate
- How Big Tech is turning New York into Silicon Valley rival
- She certainly has a way with words! How Meghan once gushed about the 'mother f**king fantastic' food in New York - saying it is how the city keeps her 'wrapped around its little finger'
- Bradley Cooper looks every bit the doting dad as he kisses daughter Lea on New York stroll... as he is seen for first time since Brad Pitt credited him for sobriety
Restaurant Week Kicks Off In New York City Amid Unprecedented Struggle To Stay In Business have 392 words, post on newyork.cbslocal.com at January 25, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.