Eyewitnesses are adding more details to what started as a rumor about one or more explosions with dozens of civilian casualties in the village of Togoga in Ethiopia’s restive Tigray region. “When the military jets bombed our area, many of us fell to the ground,” Negasi Berha, a Tigray resident who was being treated at Ayder Hospital, told DW. “We were selling and buying different goods and commodities at the local market. I have seen three dead bodies and many domestic animals.” Birhan Gebrehiwot, who lives close to the market and was receiving treatment after sustaining injuries, narrated how she managed to survive the bombings. “First the market was bombed, then immediately after that we were bombed in our house, we came here after leaving behind so many wounded and killed citizens,” she told DW. “At least 40 deaths were witnessed. Some say we have seen 80 dead,” Dr. Daniel Weldu, head of Mekelle Ayder hospital Emergency unit, said. “I saw a mother whose child has died. The victims were many because it was a marketplace, and the blast was heavy,” Daniel told DW. According to health workers, who spoke to international media outlets mostly on the condition of anonymity, an airstrike hit the village… Read full this story
- Russia Military Warplanes Bombing ISIS in Syria Will Get New, Deadly Weapons
- Osama bin Laden's son Hamza is dead after 'being taken out in strike'
- Vladimir Putin: 'Israeli jet did not shoot down our plane' in Syria
- 25 times Trump was soft on Russia
- Syria: The Operation Was Successful But the Patient Died
- 'Document hunters' smuggled hundreds of thousands of government files out of Syria. Here's how they did it
- The Flare Path Dragons' Den
- Six-year-old girl screams "I'm dying daddy" after she's hit by shrapnel in the 'forgotten war'
- Spain Cancels Sale of Weapons to Saudi Arabia Citing Yemen War Atrocities
- The Reactionary Temptation
Ethiopia: Deadly Tigray airstrike further alienates western allies have 304 words, post on www.dw.com at January 25, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.