NEW DELHI: Swedish telecoms gear maker Ericsson has inked a 5-year turnkey contract with Ooredoo Group to supply its 5G radio, core, transport products, and solutions, along with implementation and integration services. The contract covers all 10 of the Group’s operating companies in Qatar, Indonesia, Algeria, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Palestine, Tunisia, Myanmar, and the Maldives.Under the contract terms, Ericsson will supply its Ericsson Radio System, including MINI-LINK 6000 products, Ericsson Cloud Core, Cloud Infrastructure, and Ericsson Cloud Communication solutions. Ericsson Radio System is already deployed and live in several of Ooredoo’s operating companies. Furthermore, in preparation for Ooredoo Qatar’s network to host multiple global sporting events, Ericsson is deploying its latest 5G mid-band Massive MIMO radios as well. “The agreement represents another step in the longstanding and successful partnership between Ericsson and Ooredoo, which enables our company to continue network expansion, enhancement, and digital transformation,” said Sheikh Mohammed Bin Abdulla Al Thani, Deputy Group Chief Executive Officer, Ooredoo Group. Read also IMC 2020: Govt must incentivise investments in telecom infra, make spectrum affordable, says Ericsson’s Nunzio Mirtillo Local manufacturing will be an important part of bringing 5G into India: Ericsson’s Fredrik Jejdling Under the agreement, Ericsson will provide hardware and… Read full this story
- T-Mobile signs 5G network deals with Nokia and Ericsson
- Cisco says most network gear needed for 5G is ready now and can cut costs
- Nokia CEO sees big 5G rollouts nearly a year ahead of schedule
- Nokia signs its first official 5G equipment deal with NTT DoCoMo
- France's Alstom inks €75 million supply deal with India metro firms
- China's Huawei set to lead global charge to 5G networks
- What is 5G and who are the major players?
- Burberry inks deal with Farfetch to sell products globally
- Wood inks Signature on pubs deal with brother
- Emirates Airlines and Boeing ink bumper Dreamliner deal
Ericsson inks 5G deal with Ooredoo Group have 300 words, post on telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com at January 7, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.