So he did go — and quietly. After all the bombastic rhetoric about fighting to the end, President Trump simply walked out of the White House and on to the helicopter, to be swept into the pages of history. Being Donald Trump, however, he didn’t bow out gracefully. No president has snubbed his successor’s inauguration since 1869, and no president has ever left Washington in such a state of siege, with thousands of National Guardsmen poised to suppress any unrest from Mr Trump’s hooligans. ‘We were not a regular administration,’ Trump told a small group of supporters as he departed. And when you survey the wreckage after four extraordinarily turbulent years, who could disagree? What, though, will future historians make of it all? Will they see method, where most of us see only madness? The White House has had its fair share of odd characters, of course. But in his narcissism, his bullying and his shameless contempt for the decencies of democracy, Donald Trump was in a league of his own. Donald Trump, accompanied by Melania Trump, arrives to speak at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland, US on Wednesday, for his departure ceremony Air Force One on the tarmac after delivering… Read full this story
- Joe Biden is the most popular Democrat running against Donald Trump. Here's why he might not win
- Why Donald Trump can't just move the November election
- Now Harvard says it WON'T take bailout cash after Donald Trump voiced anger that Ivy League college with $41 billion endowment was due coronavirus help
- Elizabeth Warren endorses Joe Biden for president as Democratic Party gets in line behind former VP to beat Trump
- Donald Trump Complains Joe Biden Is Getting A Media “Free Pass” — As Pundits Say It’s The President Who Is Getting A Nightly Gift Of Free Airtime
- AOC says she is in 'talks' with Joe Biden's team about a possible endorsement saying 'we'll see' - and insist he pick a 'progressive' running mate to shift platform to the left
- Kamala, Warren & Abrams Raise Their Hands After Joe Biden Confirmed VP Pick Will Be a Woman
- Joe Biden's search for a running mate is playing out in public
- Can Joe Biden balance young and old?
- Donald Trump WALKS OUT of coronavirus briefing after just 22 minutes and refuses to take a single question in wake of his disinfectant disaster - as White House aides invoke Secret Service in failed bid to REMOVE CNN reporter
DOMINIC SANDBROOK: No, Joe Biden isn't perfect. But the end of Donald Trump's madhouse was a day to rejoice have 398 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 20, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.