HONG KONG SAR - Media OutReach - 14 January 2021 – “It’s not who I am underneath, it’s what I do that defines me,” so says the titular hero from the 2005 blockbuster, Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale as the billionaire caped crusader. Instead of the hero Batman, a group of academics were inspired by what is probably one of the more profound lines in modern cinema and sought to find out whether people, as the quote suggests, do shape fundamentally who they are. Specifically, it led Wendong Li, Associate Professor at the Department of Management at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School, to team up with seven other academics to examine whether taking on a leadership role — along with the added job responsibilities — can actually change people’s personality traits. Prof. Li and the other researchers involved in the study, Can Becoming a Leader Change Your Personality? An Investigation With Two Longitudinal Studies From a Role-Based Perspective, hoped to find evidence that, rather than personality traits remaining relatively stable as traditionally assumed, they could change and develop during a person’s adult years. “One of the crucial factors in driving adult personality development is taking on new roles… Read full this story
- Moving up Elk Grove business owner started busienss with one truck 35 years ago
- Elk Grove owner started business with one truck 35 years ago
- York County school districts need board members. Here’s who wants in so far.
- The Morning Download: MGM CDO Finds AI Hiring No Game of Chance
- Seattle area’s economic boom splashes over the Cascades, bringing work and worries
- Kids are back in school in Puerto Rico. But Hurricane Maria’s effects still linger
- How Chloë Grace Moretz Connects ‘Emotionally’ to ‘The Miseducation of Cameron Post’ Role
- 13 of the best business books of 2017
- Westside Gazette Newspaper Back to School Guide Information
- Fewer people are using cash, which means fewer tips. And Miami workers are hurting
CUHK Business School Research Finds People Adapt and Grow More Conscientious When Promoted to Supervisory Roles at Work have 316 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.