Warehouse workers in Alabama with the online retail giant, Amazon, voted against forming a trade union by a margin of nearly two to one, a tally of votes showed on Friday. A total of 1,798 warehouse workers voted against forming a union, while 738 voted in favor of it. The vote hands a major victory to the firm that has faced criticism over its treatment of employees . But labor representatives from Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union said they would challenge the result. Watch video 03:14 The battle to unionize Amazon Why are unions unhappy? “Amazon has left no stone unturned in its efforts to gaslight its own employees,” said its president, Stuart Appelbaum. Amazon has long disputed claims of mistreatment “We won’t let Amazon’s lies, deception and illegal activities go unchallenged, which is why we are formally filing charges against all of the egregious and blatantly illegal actions taken by Amazon during the union vote.” The popular online sales portal has furiously denied the allegations. What did Amazon say about the vote? Amazon argued that most of its workers don’t want or need a union and that it already provides more than most other employers, with a minimum $15 hourly wage and… Read full this story
- Amazon workers strike amid Prime promotion
- This is how many JLR workers voted for early finish for England
- Luton Airport workers vote in favour of strikes over the bank holiday weekend
- Offshore workers vote for industrial action
- Some Amazon warehouse staff 'have considered suicide over poor conditions'
- Amazon Scolded For Being "Evasive" On Contract Drivers
- Donald Trump renews attack on Amazon as he accuses retailer of running a US Post Office 'scam'
- Colombian government ordered to protect Amazon rainforest in historic legal ruling
- Donald Trump openly attacks Amazon over taxes and business practices
- Dow Jones drops 450 points as Amazon tumbles and trade war fires rise
Amazon workers vote against union in Alabama have 302 words, post on www.dw.com at January 9, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.