What happens next? After a Brexit deal text was finalised, the next step is ratification by both sides – and there is not much time before the end of the transition period on January 1. Next week MPs will need to pass legislation putting the deal on the statute book With Christmas Day tomorrow, this is likely to happen next week. The Commons will be recalled from its festive break and potentially consider all the stages of a Bill in one day.The package is virtually guaranteed to be approved, as Boris Johnson has an 80-strong majority and Labour has indicated it will at least abstain – if not support the deal. Monday? Meanwhile, Brussels will short-cut its own processes, with the EU Council of member states expected to grant ‘provisional’ implementation before the deadline, rather than the European Parliament approving it in advance.This has angered many MEPs, as they will be under massive pressure to sign off the deal if it has already come into effect.January 1The new trade terms – or WTO terms if something has gone wrong with the deal – come into effect. Advertisement Boris Johnson today declared that a Brexit deal has been done after four years of desperate wrangling -… Read full this story
- Top Barnier aide warns the UK it cannot have a Canada-style trade deal with the EU because it is too CLOSE to the continent saying 'Dover is much closer to Calais than Ottawa is'
- Acropolis Now! EU warns that returning the ELGIN MARBLES might be the price of a trade deal - as Michel Barnier dismisses UK's call for a Canada-style agreement
- Number 10 bashes Michel Barnier over trade deal U-turn as the EU negotiator who said the UK could copy Canada's agreement now claims that we CAN'T
- The Brexit COD War! MEPs warn Britain that EU fishermen must keep the same rights to fish in British waters as they have now or there will NEVER be a trade deal
- Britain talks tough to the EU over trade as Boris Johnson's new negotiator David Frost says the UK will never accept any post-Brexit rules that would undermine 'the point of the whole project' of becoming an 'an independent country'
- Eight weeks ago Boris Johnson & Sajid Javid were bopping together on the dance floor, now the PM has neutered him
- There's a dark side to Boris Johnson's government and even his allies are fed up with it
- Thanks to Boris Johnson’s powerful new central government machine, this will be our finest hour
- New Prime Minister Boris Johnson vows to ‘love bomb’ Tory rebels after trouncing Jeremy Hunt
- Boris Johnson’s top aide Dominic Cummings blamed for Sajid Javid walkout after Downing Street coup reshuffle
'We've taken back control': Boris Johnson hails historic 'Canada-style' trade deal with the EU saying the UK is master of its own 'destiny' again as propaganda war rages with No10 claiming victory - but Ursula von der Leyen says Brussels was 'strong' have 441 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 24, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.