MANCHESTER, England: Manchester United crushed Leeds United 6-2 while Leicester City handed Tottenham Hotspur a second straight defeat in the Premier League on Sunday. United’s win, with two goals each for midfielders Scott McTominay and Bruno Fernandes, sent Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side up to third on 26 points, above fourth-placed Everton on goal difference. Jamie Vardy’s penalty and a Toby Alderweireld own goal gave Leicester victory in North London and left the Foxes in second place, five points behind leaders Liverpool who had won 7-0 at Crystal Palace on Saturday. Sam Allardyce’s debut in charge of struggling West Bromwich Albion ended in a 3-0 home defeat by West Midlands rivals Aston Villa with Anwar El Ghazi on target twice. Bottom club Sheffield United ended their eight match losing streak, picking up just their second point of the campaign with a 1-1 draw at home to Brighton & Hove Albion. Promoted Leeds have won admirers for their attacking approach under Argentine coach Marcelo Bielsa but the 30 goals they have conceded this season is the worst defensive record in the league and they have slipped to 14th in the table. The Yorkshire club were 2-0 down inside three minutes after McTominay… Read full this story
- Manchester United rout Leeds in impressive pre-season display
- Manchester United Beat Leeds United 4-0 on 2019 Pre-Season Tour
- Greenwood grabs first goal for Man United in 1-0 win over Astana
- As Pochettino lashes out, do Spurs have big problem?
- As Pochettino lashes out, do Spurs have a big problem?
- Pique backs Maguire to lead Man United to Premier League glory
- Liverpool vs Leicester: Premier League preview and prediction
- Premier League 2019/20: Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United
- Report: Man United shuts door on Pogba departure
- Van Persie: Sanchez doesn't look happy at Man United
United hit Leeds for six, Leicester win at Spurs have 290 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at December 21, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.