A Kiwi couple trying to get home from London fear they will soon be homeless after their flights to New Zealand were cancelled with Singapore and Hong Kong banning transit from the UK. The predicament of Liz Crawshaw and husband Rob has been worsened by the MIQ system being booked until March. Other Kiwis were stuck after travelling to the UK for funerals or to see dying relatives, and were now couch surfing. The travel bans have separated families, such as one woman who hasn’t seen her Kiwi partner for a year as she’s waded through visa processes and travel dramas to try to get back to New Zealand. MIQ said the new border restrictions would impact up to 20 people each day, who had booked to fly from the UK to New Zealand. Singapore was one of about 50 countries that have restricted travel from the UK, due to fears of a new strain of Covid-19. The country is a major travel hub, used as a stopover for travellers going between Europe and Oceania. But from Christmas Eve, Singapore would no longer be accepting passengers from the UK. READ MORE:Coronavirus: Getting into Fortress New Zealand – it ain’t as… Read full this story
- China President Xi Jinping's balancing act over Hong Kong
- Hong Kong protesters vandalise subway station
- Hong Kong protesters trample Chinese flag and vandalise station
- Hong Kong protests explained in 100 and 500 words
- AFP: Hong Kong mask ban sparks violent clashes, rail shutdown
- UK could 'clarify' its Brexit offer to EU
- Where are you staying on hols? Singapore Airport! Tropical gardens, waterfalls, nature trails... Changi may be the only airport in the world that's a destination in itself
- Fastest-growing UK terror threat 'from far-right'
- International Airline Travel – The Best Airline To Take From Singapore to Toronto
- Cheap flights to America
Stranded in the UK, as new Covid-19 strain stops transit flights through Singapore, Hong Kong have 294 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at December 23, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.