A London MP has urged people to follow social distancing rules and said ‘every single person who breaks the rules adds to the chances of us going into Tier Three’ as the city faces a tougher lockdown from next week. Nickie Aiken, MP for the Cities of London and Westminster constituency, issued the warning in a last-ditch attempt to get coronavirus under control in the capital, where infection rates have surged towards the end of lockdown and into early December, rising in two thirds of areas. ‘We still have a long winter ahead,’ she cautioned today in the Evening Standard. ‘None of us want London to move into Tier Three. Please continue to follow the rules – lives and livelihoods truly are dependent on it’. Professor John Ashton, a former Public Health England regional director, stressed the Government should push the capital into the highest tier in 48 hours or risk a ‘really terrible situation’. He warned that without the move they could see deaths going up into Christmas, and may even have to impose a ‘complete lockdown’ to put the lid on the spread of the virus. As many as 24 out of the capital’s 32 boroughs – or… Read full this story
- Dominic Raab: We're on the last lap of Covid battle but social distancing may stay
- Covid rules for tiers 1, 2, 3 and 4 - what are the restrictions for December 2020?
- Exclusive: Plans to ease social distancing in ‘disarray’ as Indian variant cases rise
- COVID-19 in Europe: France and Poland begin new lockdowns to stem soaring infections
- Covid-19: Rule-breakers 'increasingly likely' to be fined - Cressida Dick
- Covid: Welsh Tories could scrap social distancing in Wales in June
- Dubai halts live entertainment amid surge in virus cases
- The Latest: Nepal extends lockdown for capital amid surge
- California to drop social distancing requirements in June
- Britain Facing ‘Tier 5’ National Lockdown Amid New Coronaivrus Strains
'Rule-breakers will put us in Tier Three': Westminster MP issues last minute plea to Londoners to follow social distancing as city faces lockdown within days amid surging infection rates have 301 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 9, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.