INJURY BLOW by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Maxwell is expected to be out for 6-8 weeks. © Getty Glenn Maxwell, originally named in both the T20I and ODI squads, will miss Australia’s upcoming limited-overs tour of South Africa due to an elbow injury. He will be replaced by D’Arcy Short, Cricket Australia confirmed on Wednesday (February 12). Maxwell, who was managing his troubled left elbow through the BBL, reported increased pain over the weekend, following which scans revealed “some loose fragments of bone within his elbow joint”. He will now undergo surgery and is expected to be out for six to eight weeks. As a result, he might miss at least the start of the IPL. This also means a further delay to Maxwell’s anticipated international return since his mental health break late last year. “Representing Australia is the highest honour in cricket and something I cherish,” Maxwell said. “I was not confident that I could perform at international level with my elbow in its current state and have decided to undergo surgery straight away to fix the issue. “I would like to thank Justin Langer, Ben Oliver, Trevor Hohns and the whole Australian squad for their… Read full this story
- Fun Facts About South Africa
- South Africa In The 3rd Week Of The Tri Nations
- AFS - South Africa, Surf and Safari and Our Marriage Too!
- Where to Find South Africa Photos
- Robben Island Became a Unesco World Heritage Site in 1999 - Cape Town South Africa
- St. Lucia - South Africa's Jurassic paradise
- Malaria Free Safari in South Africa
- Midlands Meander Diaries: Karkloof Canopy Tours - Midlands Meander, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
- Franschhoek Offers Classic Styles In South Africa
- Safari In South Africa - 7 Things To Do You Mustn't Miss Whilst On Your South Africa Luxury Safari
Maxwell to miss South Africa tour due to elbow injury have 302 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at December 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.