LONDON: Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho belittled Leicester City’s sterling display in a 2-0 win over his side on Sunday (Dec 20), three days after claiming “the best team lost” in a 2-1 stoppage time defeat at Liverpool. “I didn't think either team played very, very well,” Mourinho told the BBC after a Jamie Vardy penalty and a Toby Alderweireld own goal put his side to the sword. “It's a game where your goalkeeper doesn't make a single save, but it's a game that we didn't play very well. “We deserved to win the game at Liverpool and that would have made it an amazing week because nobody has done that for a long time – the team was phenomenal at Liverpool. Now if you look at the table everybody is there.” Having picked up only one point in their last three games, Tottenham are now six points behind champions and leaders Liverpool who followed up on their win over Spurs with a 7-0 demolition of Crystal Palace on Saturday. Mourinho argued Spurs missed the best chances against Leicester but the visitors always looked more dangerous in possession and had another goal scrapped for marginal offside as their lethal counter-attacking paid… Read full this story
- Manchester United transfer news latest: Jose Mourinho left with headache after Harry Maguire bid rejected
- Arsène Wenger’s Arsenal break duck against José Mourinho at Chelsea
- Chelsea assistant manager Jody Morris trolls Jose Mourinho by laughing off criticism of Lampard’s defence
- Liverpool playing Premier League title-winning football, says Gary Neville
- Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers says he already has a 'top job'
- Premier League: Leicester City, Chelsea Leapfrog Manchester City As Arsenal, Tottenham Fall Further Behind
- Liverpool win over Manchester City a huge psychological blow, says Stephen Warnock
- Mathieu Valbuena penalty crowns Olympiakos recovery to deny Spurs
- Riyad Mahrez regrets not joining Arsenal in 2016 after Leicester blocked transfer
- Marcus Rashford’s early penalty edges blunt Manchester United past Leicester
Football: Petulant Mourinho denies Leicester plaudits for Spurs win have 324 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at December 21, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.